Saturday, September 24, 2011

HELP!

Today was Noah's first soccer practice! We were all so excited. We talked about it all week and Noah couldn't get dressed fast enough this morning. I woke up thinking this is going to be a great, fun day. You will notice as you get towards the end of this post that there are no pictures and WHY you ask? Well, let me tell you. :) We were running a little late to practice (as usual), Noah had his ball in hand and ready to go. We walk up to the field, I introduced him to his coach and I told him to go play. He all the sudden loses it! I tried calming him and staying out on the field with him but he wouldn't stop crying. The coach was the sweetest thing and also tried to talk with him but Noah would just scream louder. I was distraught! So, I stayed out there with him the whole time trying to hold back my own tears. By the end of practice he would sit on the ball as long as I was still right there. If it wasn't for great friends Brock would have been screaming at me too. Needless to say that's why there will be no pictures of his first practice which I am very sad about but what can you do.

The reason the title says HELP is because I need it. I thought Noah would be my none shy child, but lately with all the transition that has been happening in our life, he has been different. He screams at strangers and people he knows when they try to talk to him. He cries when I leave him new places. If I ask him a question and he thinks he will get it wrong he will say, "I don't know how to say it." Do I put too much pressure on him? Is anyone else having this same problem? I thought this type of thing started earlier than 3. I know I'm doing something wrong but I need help recognizing it. I know it is by far not the worse situation I could be in but I want the best for my child. Any suggestions?

Oh and we went to Lowe's after practice to get some things for the house. While I was looking and talking with one of the workers Noah just usually plays with things in the isle but doesn't really bother anything. I heard him around the corner and he didn't sound like he was making a mess or breaking anything. Then I heard, "Mom look at me!" So I went to check things out and what did I find? My 3 year old at the top of one of the really tall ladders!! I almost had a heart attack. Luckily the lady that was helping me was so calm and sweet. She just went right up there and got him down. I'm pretty sure a passer-by was calling CPS on me. He wouldn't stop starring.

I am so grateful for such nice people today!! Otherwise I would have not had made it through the day without them. I just hope I can pay it forward.

1 comment:

JONES FAMILY said...

Oh Steph! I'm so sorry. I wish I had advice for you but I don't. Someday I will be asking you for help I'm sure!!! It is probably all the new situations like you said- you are a great mother! I always see things that you do that I want to do someday! He will be okay- he's got parents who love him!