Saturday, October 1, 2011

Great Finds!

Guess what I found?!?

A chandelier for 1/2 off!!! Can you believe it? I love it and it will look gorgeous in my guest bedroom. I found it at Canton (an unbelievable trades show) as we were leaving. I couldn't believe it and there was no doubt in my mind when I saw that 1/2 off sign that it was mine. LOVE!



I also found this super cool (to me) ship clock.


My husband saw it and laughed his head off. He hated it. I knew he would though so that's why I didn't tell him I bought it and just let him find it. :) Noah loves pirates and begged for it in his new room so maybe that will be the theme in there. We will see...color wise I like the pirate theme though.



I will show finished product when they are cleaned, painted, fixed and mounted. I also got a couple of other fun pieces this past week but those will have to come later. :)

This is late because I spent the day yesterday and today priming the walls of the house. Tips for those DIYer's out there that want to prime their own house. Tip 1: hire someone. Tip 2: if you decide to save money and do it yourself...rethink that! Tip 2: Buy some super wonderful shampoo!

I have a new respect for all those painters out there that do this on a day to day basis! My uncle being one of the best!!

Priming is the only thing happening this week. We had a couple of hiccups and got pushed back for cabinets. Hopefully next week!

No comments: